Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wrap it up

As the holiday season winds down and a new year begins, I cannot help but express how excited I am to be finishing up my college career! I can go ahead and tell everyone that I declared a minor at the end of last semester and it was approved through the registration department. I am officially the second person in the history of the school to declare a minor in Digital Art/Graphic Design-thanks Jym Davis! :)

This semester kicked off for me two days ago, Tuesday January 10. It seems to me that this semester will be pretty lax. I have three art classes, a media history class, and a senior seminar; and somewhere along the way, an internship needs to fit into my life! With issues at work finally calming down yesterday (which included two people leaving due to scandalous actions) I can finally put my mind as ease and begin to focus on the rest of my semester. I will once again be writing more blogs for a class. This time will be for my senior capstone seminar. It is a class all about the "new media" including digital culture and social media.

It is extremely important to keep up with digital media. With items forever changing, we as consumers have to know what the new products are and how to use them. The downside to all this new media is what's new to you might be old. There are so many products that come out, then the second bigger and better version shortly follows. By the time most consumers can even afford the first version, the second or third is coming out. That is why it is so important to keep up with what's new in digital culture. It is best for the user to read product reviews and educate them self on the new electronics. Instead of standing in line to pay hundreds of dollars for something that might be old news in a few months, we can prioritize our digital needs and spend our money wisely.

There are several items I use daily that are considered part of a digital culture. One of those is my cell phone. On it, I can surf the web, check my social networks, and connect with other people all at the touch of a button. Another favorite gadget of mine is the kindle. This is an electronic device that allows the user to download books and read them electronically, instead of purchasing the actual hard-copy. With so little time to read, the Kindle helped force me to find the time to read. It's so slim, I can carry it in my purse, which makes it ideal for people on the go. I take it on every vacation and found it's great while at the beach.
I have a lot more to write about on social media and digital culture so more posts coming soon! For now, enjoy this video:

No comments:

Post a Comment